Sunday, October 30, 2011

Time Heals All...

Hi Everyone,
This week has been quite busy! I haven’t had much time to volunteer with any of my organizations.  I had two exams and several projects, so most of my time has been pre-occupied with the numerous tasks from school.  I am taking care of some Letters from Home stuff this week.  At the next meeting, we will be making Thanksgiving Day cards and including fall/autumn decorations, items, and candy.  I am really excited for the Christmas packages.
I finally have heard back from the hospital!  I was so excited that they wanted me for an orientation program at the hospital.  I have called and am partaking in the next orientation session because the one I was scheduled for was last Wednesday.  Last Wednesday I had an exam though.  My exam was in physics and it was extremely difficult!  The orientation would have been done before my exam but I did not want to risk my grade as I was already really nervous for my exam.  I am really excited, also because I will most likely be working in the maternity ward.  I spoke with human resources and they are really nice.  I really think it will be a positive working environment and that it will be something I love.
                In the past week, I have faced many, many challenges in many ways.  I have been faced with increasing amounts of stress and have had to learn how to stand up for myself, as well as face the consequences of what that meant.  Over the past week, I feel like I have learned more about myself both bad and good.  I am hoping everything will work out for the best this week, and that many things will resolve themselves.  Mostly, I feel like I am in rough situations and I just need time to heal all of them.  Unfortunately, at the same time, I feel time is moving very slow.  I am keeping optimistic and I hope that I am able to benefit my organizations this week and I am hoping that this is just a minor speed bump on my road to success.
For the Kids,
Shannon

1 comment:

  1. I agree, that week was so hectic! It’s a miracle we’re still alive today…lol. It sounds even busier for you though, since you’re so involved in a lot of organizations! Wow, Letters from Home, Thanksgiving cards, Christmas packages—that’s so intense. Nice work, there.
    That’s so awesome, being in an orientation program for the hospital! It sounds pretty interesting, and judging by your enthusiastic character I’m sure you’ll really enjoy working there. I hate when school conflicts with those other extracurricular activities that you would actually enjoy doing. Hopefully you’ll be able to accomplish all that you want without exams being an obstacle!
    I think all these challenges that stress you out are all part of the college experience. We’re all going to be learning some things that we’ve never known before. Don’t worry; everything will be resolved in their own time. You’ll make it through for sure as long as you maintain your optimistic self.

    ReplyDelete