Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Drumroll Please...

Hi Everyone,
I’m very excited to inform you that I have become the philanthropy chair for my house!  I am very excited to step into this position as I am truly passionate about both my house and St. Jude.  I am also very nervous as the previous philanthropy chair was an outstanding person and I’m sure that she is the best person for the job!  I really hope that with her training I can do half the job that she did!  It will be a lot of work, but I am truly dedicated to the cause and I know that no matter what, my love for St. Jude will help me through it!  I have pictures of St. Jude patients all over my walls.  These little ones truly inspire me to get through my studies so I can help them when I’m older, but temporarily I will love to help them by being philanthropy chair. 
The first thing I will do is speak to kiddos tomorrow from College Mentors for Kids.  The theme is diversity and I will be speaking to them how the patients at St. Jude are like them and unlike them.  I am really nervous!  I will be speaking to fourth graders, but I will be doing this without any supervision from the previous philanthropy chair!  After this, the next event will be on November 12 from 11-2pm.  This is FlapJack Attack, our national philanthropy!  It’s a pancake breakfast/brunch!  There are games and prizes and of course unlimited breakfast food!  I am sure that it will be a success.  This has been planned and will be the former philanthropy chair’s event, but I will be assisting her in her job to get the feel for the events!  I am not nervous about this at all!  I know that as long as I have the support from her and from my sisters, that everything will be wonderful! I am so excited to accept this position and I cannot wait to begin!
For the Kids,
Shannon

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations, I bet you are over the moon about it. It sounds like a fantastic and rewarding opportunity. You sound like you are truly passionate about what you are doing and I have all the respect and admiration in the world for you. I was just whining in my blog about how I have no time to even write a small brochure/book and here you are taking on a huge responsibility with such enthusiasm.

    I’m sure you’ll do fantastic; they wouldn’t have appointed you if they didn’t think you were up to it, right? Your love for those kids is really inspiring and I wish I cared as much about my organization as you do. What a great opportunity as well! If you are planning on going into the medical field, this experience and responsibility will prove to be invaluable. I wish you all the best with your new position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! I'm sure you'll do a great job since you're always enthusiastic about helping people. As long as you love what you do, you'll do it well, and you will also enjoy it. I'm actually jealous that you found something you're really crazy about, and in the time it's benefiting to the society.

    Yeah I don't think I can speak to fourth graders. I forgot how it feels like to be 9 years old and innocent, but i'm sure you'll do well. I hope it goes well and good luck

    ReplyDelete